Thursday, July 22, 2010

So far, so good...

We finished connecting the wires from the rings and the charge collectors in the experiment, and without any visible problems. After connecting the wires, we checked the resistances of all surfaces and they appeared to work exactly as we planned them, in a minor sort of miracle. Now all we can do is wait for the system to pump down to the vacuum pressures we need, then run the experiment to see if we are getting good levels of ions. We'll see what happens from there.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it crazy how when you do research things that seem so simple and straightforward on paper have all sorts of unforseen challenges. Crossing my fingers for your ions. . . . . . .

    I have a friend I was in a presidency with at BYU after D and I got married and she still teases me about a presidency meeting we had where I got a little tearful because my 'cells' had died.